Monday, January 2, 2012

Shock! Niigaki Risa Graduation?!


January 2nd in Japan, on the one year anniversary of 9th generation members joining Morning Musume, it has been announced that leader Niigaki Risa will be graduating from Hello!Project and Morning Musume at the end of their spring 2012 tour Ultra Smart.






This is definitely a shock for all of us, considering that it's barely the new year, and already we get news of someone leaving.  I had strong hopes for at least a solid year of Risa being leader, but it seems that she had other things in mind.  She's rapidly following in the footsteps of her fellow 5th generation member Aichan, and leaving the group.  There will be no more 5th gen after her departure.

This being said, that would indicate that Sayumi would become the new leader.  I do not know exactly how I feel about this, seeing as she was never the one to take on serious responsibilities.  With Gaki gone, who is going to be our vocal powerhouse?  I also find this whole idea rather displeasing at the moment.

It almost feels as if Gaki never really wanted the position as leader, and is rapidly passing down the baton that was handed to her from Aichan right into Sayumi's hands.

Things are changing in the H!P world rather quickly.  Among all this, it's been rumored that C-ute will be holding auditions for new members, and Shimizu Saki is going to graduate as well.  Gaki's graduation is 99% confirmed; the other two are not...so don't freak out just yet...

12 comments:

  1. I've had this suspicion of Gaki-san graduating since Ai-chan's graduation. So, this was not much of a shock to me but still, I felt so unprepared to face reality. I think Sayumin is not far from graduating either. I'd be surprise if Reina graduated before Sayumin.

    I don't think my heart can handle these graduations anymore. ;A; Ai-chan, Yuukarin, Sakichii... *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. no saki i will die if that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, Sayumi actually wants to be leader. If you watch some videos such as on Youtube, there used to be a video called "Sayumi the poison tongue", she mentioned how she wanted to be leader, so I guess, this is sayu's big chance to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be sad, now that all of my fave graduating. Im starting to love Risa-chii and now she graduating?! :( Well at least Sayu now get to be leader....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not surprised Gaki-san has announced her graduation, she has been in the group for over 10 years and is one of the oldest members so i think it is pretty reasonable.

    I doubt Saki will graduate any time soon though as she is taking over leadership of Hello!Project and i don't think Tsunku would have moved the leadership out of Momusu is Saki was planning on graduating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a bit shocking when I checked the Twitter feeds this afternoon. I also expected her to remain leader & graduate this Fall. Spring is too soon. With the last of my beloved Gokkies leaving it'll be hard to be AS thrilled about MM. It's hard to imagine Sayu as leader, but I won't have to wait long huh? At this rate Aika-chan will be leader by 2013 being the only ture veteran left! WoW!

    Another generation will be needed if the vocals aren't there & if Iikubo Haruna can't adapt / catch up. How many of us want Sara from the 10th gen. auditions now eh? *raises hand*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that when Sayumi becomes leader, that things won't be as bad as they seem. I feel that she's going to try her best to step up, but I have a feeling the there is going to be another graduation before the end of the year.

    Aika leader...omg what a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw how many new members were introduced at Ai-chan's graduation, I knew it was just a matter of time before the four seniors would leave. MM works best with 8 or 9 members. Eleven/twelve is too many. Still, I am shocked Gaki-san is leaving so fast. *heavy sigh* When Riena & Sayu leave.... I will most likely stop following MM. Dream MM, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ Well actually, MM was its most popular when they had 10+ members. They did great as a 15 member unit as well. Also, don't get too attached to Dream MM because they won't be around for long~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, Maybe you are right about the numbers. I love to watch the large concert productions from the Golden Era. Maybe you will be right about Dream MM, too. That is too bad. For years I have listened to disgruntled fans bitching about how so many talented girls left MM and blaming Tsunku for it. Now the girls of the Golden Era are back together, and there is little fan support for them. How fickle can the fans be?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fans will always be fickle and butthurt about everything. Most fans got TOO comfortable with the lineup when Koha/Ai/Eri/Lin/Jun were still around. People kinda forgot about graduations and were really put off by it. That's why so many people keep complaining and saying things like "oh I hate 10th gen i'm not gonna be an MM fan anymore" and things like that -__-;

    ReplyDelete
  12. please dont graduate the captain .. shes all i shouted for ... maybe there are a new special like sayashi and kanon suzuki .. but, i think no one can be shimizuchan ..

    ReplyDelete